- 3 cups Apple cider 3 cups Apple cider
- 1 cup Water 1 cup Water
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 ½ cups 1 ½ cups Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 large Cinnamon stick 1 large Cinnamon stick
- 4 Whole cloves 4 Whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Rind of 1 Orange (in pieces) Rind of 1 Orange (in pieces)
- 6 D’Anjou pears 6 D’Anjou pears
- 24 oz. (1 large container) Wunder Creamery Grass Fed Quark Plain 24 oz. (1 large container) Wunder Creamery Grass Fed Quark Plain
- 3 tablespoons Toasted slivered almonds 3 tablespoons Toasted slivered almonds
Place cider, water, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, and orange rind in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Peel the pears, cut in half lengthwise and remove the core and seeds with a melon baller. Lay the pears in the poaching liquid and simmer for 20 minutes, turn the pears occasionally. Poach pears until tender.
Remove pears from poaching liquid and set aside. Reserve poaching liquid. Cool pears and poaching liquid to room temperature. When ready to serve, place a large dollop of Wunder quark in the middle of 6 shallow bowls. Add two pieces of pears to each bowl and some poaching liquid around it.