These pumpkin blondies with vegan salted caramel are the perfect fall dessert! Use simple dairy-free icing to create fun designs for an easy treat!
For the Salted Caramel:
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Vegan unsalted butter, room temperature 6 tablespoons Vegan unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Coconut cream 1/3 cup Coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
For the Pumpkin Blondies:
- 1 cup Vegan unsalted butter, room temperature 1 cup Vegan unsalted butter, room temperature
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 large Egg, room temperature 1 large Egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup Pumpkin puree ¼ cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-purpose flour 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground nutmeg ½ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Pecans, chopped (optional) ½ cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup + more for drizzling Salted Caramel 1/3 cup + more for drizzling Salted Caramel
For the decorative icing (optional):
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons Coconut milk or almond milk 1-2 teaspoons Coconut milk or almond milk
Prepare the salted caramel:
Homemade caramel is super easy to make, but if you don’t keep a close eye on it, it can burn.
In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, add the Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar and stir frequently until it melts (the sugar will start to clump up before melting).
Once the sugar is completely melted and smooth, immediately remove from the heat and stir in the butter until fully incorporated (don’t be scared if it bubbles a lot).
Add in the coconut cream and salt and mix until fully combined and smooth.
Pour the caramel into a glass jar to cool. It can be stored in the fridge for up to a month!
Prepare the blondies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9x9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar, and Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar until smooth and creamy.
Add in the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
Using a spoon or spatula, fold in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until combined. Fold in the chopped pecan pieces if desired.
Scoop half the dough into the bottom of your prepared pan and press down into a nice even layer (you can wet the tips of your fingers to easily flatten out the dough).
Drizzle a thin layer of the caramel evenly over the dough (about 1/3 cup).
Scoop the remaining dough on top of the caramel layer and press down into an even layer. Drizzle a bit of extra caramel and pecans over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes or until the top is shiny and cracked slightly. The blondies should feel slightly firm to the touch and a knife inserted near the center should come out clean.
Let the blondies cool in the baking pan for 10 minutes. Remove the blondies from the baking pan and let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Drizzle with caramel and flaky sea salt.
Make icing for Blondies:
In a small bowl, whisk together the Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar and vanilla extract. Slowly mix in 1 teaspoon of almond milk at a time until the icing is smooth and runs just slightly.
Transfer the icing to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Starting in the corner of your blondie, pipe half-circles of icing (kind of like a rainbow).
The blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Use the simple icing ingredients to decorate blondies or brownies all year long! One recommendation is to style for Halloween as below. Using a toothpick or knife, drag the tip through the icing from the corner through each half-circle to create a fun spider-web effect!
Our Collection of Our Favorite Cookies, Brownies & Bars Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!