Easy vegan Almond Butter Oat Bars, super chewy and delicious, made by blogger Pies and Tacos.
- 2 tbsp Flax seeds 2 tbsp Flax seeds
- 4 tbsp Water 4 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Almond butter 1/3 cup Almond butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 tbsp Almond milk 2 tbsp Almond milk
- 1 1/4 cups Almond flour 1 1/4 cups Almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Fine sea salt 1/4 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1 cup Rolled oats 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and line a 8x8” baking dish with parchment paper.
Make the flax eggs: mix the flax seeds and water in a small bowl and set it aside to thicken for 10 minutes. Meanwhile gather all the other ingredients.
Place the almond butter and coconut oil in a large bowl, melt on the stovetop, and whisk until smooth.
Add the flax eggs to the bowl, and whisk until combined. Next, add the sugar to the mixture and mix. Add the almond milk.
Next, add the almond flour along with the baking powder and sea salt to the bowl. If the almond flour is too lumpy, make sure to sift it or whisk it before adding it to the batter.
Finally, add the oats and vanilla to the bowl, and stir with a spatula until combined. Spread the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan.
Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until it looks golden brown on top, and slightly darker around the edges. If you press it lightly with a finger on top, it should spring back. If it feels too soft, it needs more time to bake. Check again in a few minutes. Cover with foil if the edges are baking faster than the middle.
Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Slice it into bars.
You can enjoy these bars immediately, or they will store beautifully in the fridge for up to 4 days to be enjoyed later. Drizzle a bit of melted chocolate and melted almond butter on top of the bars for added flavor.
Feel free to add any chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or chopped dried fruit to the batter. If you do that, add up to 1/3 cup of add-ins.