These donuts by blogger Choosing Chia are loaded with coconut flavor and are baked instead of fried.
For the Donuts:
- 2 cups Flour 2 cups Flour
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar ½ cup ½ cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Coconut Milk 1 1/3 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted
For the Glaze:
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk 2 tbsp Coconut milk
- 2 cups Shredded coconut 2 cups Shredded coconut
Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
Mix all the dry donut ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet donut ingredients until incorporated.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
Spoon the donut mixture into a piping bag.
Pipe the batter into the pan filling 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make the glaze, mix Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar and coconut milk together in a bowl. The mixture should be smooth and silky, but not too thin. (If yours is very thin, simply add a bit more sugar).
Once the donuts are cooled, dip them in the glaze and then immediately dip them in a plate of shredded coconut.
Let sit for 30 minutes for the glaze to set.
Our Favorite Vegan Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!