- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar 2 ½ cups 2 ½ cups Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 6 cups Unsweetened coconut flakes 6 cups Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons Coconut milk powder 3 tablespoons Coconut milk powder
- ½ cup Cream of coconut ½ cup Cream of coconut
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cardamom ¼ teaspoon Ground cardamom
- 1 cup Vegan bittersweet chocolate chips 1 cup Vegan bittersweet chocolate chips
Mix powdered raw cane sugar, coconut flakes, and coconut milk powder. Mix until well incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix cream of coconut, salt, and cardamom until smooth and creamy.
Mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. If desired, use an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to make the process easier.
Place the mixture in the refrigerator and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Remove from the refrigerator. With a small ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop mixture and form into truffles.
If desired, melt chocolate chips in the microwave being very careful not to burn the chocolate. Dip the truffles in the chocolate or drizzle.
Substitute cardamom with small pieces of candied pineapple to create a piña colada flavor. If the mixture is too wet, add 1 additional tablespoon of coconut milk powder.