Light, tender and moist dinner rolls. Vegan recipe.
- 1 ½ cups Lukewarm water 1 ½ cups Lukewarm water
- 1 (0.25 ounce) packet Active dry yeast 1 (0.25 ounce) packet Active dry yeast
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 5 cups All-purpose flour 5 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup (about 1 medium) Russet potato, boiled and well mashed 1 cup (about 1 medium) Russet potato, boiled and well mashed
- 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Extra virgin olive oil 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt 2 teaspoons Salt
- As garnish Sea salt flakes As garnish Sea salt flakes
- As garnish Fresh rosemary, chopped As garnish Fresh rosemary, chopped
In a small bowl, combine water and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Sprinkle yeast over water and set aside for 5 minutes or until yeast becomes foamy. Stir.
In the bowl of a stand electric mixer fitted with the hook attachment, mix 2 tablespoons of sugar, flour, and salt. Add mashed potatoes and yeast mixture. Mix for 1 minute. With the mixer running at medium-low speed, slowly add 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Increase the speed to medium and mix for 5 minutes or until a dough forms.
Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Turn the rested dough onto a lightly floured surface and work the dough until it deflates. Using a bench scraper or a knife, cut the dough into 12 even pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball.
Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish with olive oil. Place dough balls in the pan. Leave space between them because they will grow in size. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow the rolls to rest at room temperature for 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush rolls with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with more olive oil and sprinkle rosemary. Serve warm.
Our Favorite Vegan Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!