Vegan pound cake with a rich velvety texture and buttery flavor.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Vegan butter, at room temperature 1/2 cup (1 stick) Vegan butter, at room temperature
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Aquafaba 6 tablespoons Aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated lemon zest 1 teaspoon Freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Plain coconutmilk yogurt alternative, unsweetened 1/2 cup Plain coconutmilk yogurt alternative, unsweetened
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch loaf pan.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer at low speed, add lemon zest and aquafaba, one tablespoon at a time. Scrape the bowl as needed.
In a separate bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together. With the mixer at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture until just combined. Scrape the bowl as needed. Add coconut milk yogurt and mix until all ingredients are combined but do not over beat.
Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until golden brown and when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a baking rack allowing to cool completely.
Serve the pound cake with fresh strawberries and 1 cup of coconut milk yogurt alternative sweetened with 2 tablespoons of Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar.
For an elegant touch, sprinkle Florida Crystals Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar over the pound cake and the strawberries.
Our Favorite Vegan Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!