Classic sugar cookies with a vegan twist.
- 1/2 cup Organic coconut oil, at room temperature 1/2 cup Organic coconut oil, at room temperature
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 cups Organic All-purpose flour 2 cups Organic All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Water 1/3 cup Water
In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, mix at medium speed the coconut oil, raw cane sugar, and powdered sugar. Cream for about 1-2 minutes, until fluffy.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. With the mixer at low speed, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Mix until just combined. Add vanilla and slowly add water until a dough starts to form. Be careful of not to over beat the dough.
Remove dough from mixer and shape it in the form of a disk. Wrap with plastic paper and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 365°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator. In a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to ¼-inch thick. Cut the dough with desired cookie cutters and transfer to prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
Our Collection of Our Favorite Cookies, Brownies & Bars Recipes
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!