They may be gluten-free, but Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane and Organic Light Brown Sugar both make an appearance in these delicious summer treats bursting with chocolate chips.
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, softened ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 large egg 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat just until blended. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients with chocolate chips into batter. Place the dough in the refrigerator and allow to rest for at least 1 hour.
Using an ice cream scoop, place portions of dough onto prepared baking sheets, 1-inch apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookie edges are golden brown and centers are a bit soft. Do not over bake.
Cool and store cookies in an airtight container.
Collection of Our Favorite Cookies, Brownies & Bars
Get organic, homegrown sweetness
Get our organic sugars at a retailer near you, at a price that feels right!