Every family gathering has a green bean casserole. But this time, make yours spectacular with a sweet touch of Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar and delicious candied bacon.
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 4 ears fresh corn, divided 4 ears fresh corn, divided
- Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar ¼ cup ¼ cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ lb. bacon ½ lb. bacon
- ½ cup ricotta cheese ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Pre-heat oven to 425 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Butter or grease a 2 quart casserole dish, 8” X 8” square baking dish or 9” X 5” loaf pan.
Microwave or steam green beans just until al dente, about 2 minutes then hold aside.
Shuck and wash the corn then scrape the kernels from the cobs to make about 3 cups. Set 1 cup aside.
In a large skillet or fry pan over medium-heat melt the butter then stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Add the 2 remaining cups of corn and toss well.
Spread the corn out on the prepared sheet pan in a single layer and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and hold aside
While corn is roasting, cook bacon according to package directions until slightly crispy. Drain, pat dry, and chop into bits. Set aside until ready to use.
In a small food processor, pulse the 1 cup of reserved corn kernels until finely chopped. Add ricotta cheese and pulse until mixture is pureed.
Heat the cream in a medium saucepot over medium heat then stir in pureed corn and ricotta mixture. Add salt, garlic powder, onion, white pepper, and rosemary. Stir in the green beans.
Turn green bean mixture into prepared dish, lightly tent with foil, and bake 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover casserole, top with candied corn and bacon, and return to bake an additional 5 minutes to crisp bacon. Serve hot.
If fresh sweet corn is not available, substitute frozen corn kernels.
Recipes Using Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
The story of the sugar you love today began over a century ago.
In 1850, before the 20th Century even began, the Fanjul family milled their first sugarcane. Little did they know at the time that the same passion that drove them to craft that first batch of sugar would eventually grow into all that Florida Crystals has become today. We remain committed to sustainability, dedicated to doing things right and proud to provide the highest quality sugar from our family to yours.