- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very cold, cut into small cubes 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very cold, cut into small cubes
- 1 egg yolk 1 egg yolk
Mango Cream Filling
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and sliced into long 2 x 1/2-inch strips 1 large ripe mango, peeled and sliced into long 2 x 1/2-inch strips
- mint leaves, optional mint leaves, optional
Grease the tart cups and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour and sugar.
Add butter using a pastry blender. Mix until well combined and butter bits are pea sized. Using a fork, stir in the egg yolk until it is mixed in completely.
Form the pastry dough into a round disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll out pastry dough to a 1/2-inch thickness.
Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut 6 pieces of pastry dough. Place one circle into each tart cup. Lightly press into and up the sides of cup and cut off any extra dough at top edge.
Place the uncooked tart shells onto a rimmed baking pan and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove pan from refrigerator and prick each tart shell with a fork.
Bake 15 minutes or until tarts start to turn golden in color.
Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes. Slide the point of a knife between the tart pan and the tart shell, lifting up to remove. Place tart shells back onto the rimmed pan until ready to fill with cream.
Mango Cream Filling
In a blender or small food processor, add mango chunks, ginger and water. Blend on high until smooth; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until well blended and smooth. Fold in mango purée. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Roll one mango strip into a spiral; continue doing this, overlapping the ends, with 2 to 3 pieces until a rosette takes shape.
Divide the mango cream filling evenly among six pastry shells. Press the mango flower into the cream. Cover the tarts with plastic wrap and keep chilled until ready to serve. Garnish each with mint leaves, if desired.
Shells can be made a day in advance. Store in the refrigerator until ready to fill.